- 1 (16 oz) box linguine
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 (4-ounce) package log-shaped goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (~1 cup) onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes (~2 1/2 cups), roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
These flavors work surprisingly well together!
You get some heat from the red pepper flakes, but the tanginess of the goat cheese rounds help balance it out.
This was fairly quick and easy so it makes for a great weeknight meal!