- 2 28-oz cans of Italian plum tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1 small yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 whole cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoon all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Chopped fresh basil or fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
|So frothy! My boyfriend asked if I was making Tomato Soap instead of Tomato Soup|
|Whew. Looking more like soup again!|
What a perfect treat on a rainy day (or any cold day). I naturally paired this with grilled cheese and couldn’t be happier!
The soup was so silky and inexplicably light tasting despite the 2 cups of heavy cream. It was such a comforting soup, you almost picture a parent standing at the stove ladling this our for you after coming in from the cold weather.
I had this reheated the next day and it tastes even better after the flavors have a chance to settle.