I had some left over asparagus from making the Orzo Risotto with Buttery Shrimp dish a few days ago so this dish was perfect to use ingredients I mostly had on hand.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter (omit to make dairy free)
- 3 oz quartered fresh morel mushrooms
- 3 oz chopped hen of the woods
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
|Top: Morels Bottom: Hen of the woods|
Cook the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until crisp, about 2 minutes per side. I cut the bacon slices in half so they would fit in the pan better.
Add the butter to the drippings in the pan and swirl to coat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes stirring occasionally to coat the mushrooms in the drippings.
Add the asparagus pieces and saute for 5 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper.